When starting to write this post, I was looking for the legal definition for the word/term terrorism. What I found shocked me! What I found is best described in Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Here is what I found.
Definition of terrorism
There is no universal agreement on the definition of terrorism. Various legal systems and government agencies use different definitions of terrorism. Moreover, governments have been reluctant to formulate an agreed-upon and legally binding definition. Difficulties arise from the fact that the term has become politically and emotionally charged. Since 1994, the United Nations General Assembly has condemned terrorist acts using the following political description of terrorism:
Criminal acts intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them.
In the United States of America, terrorism is defined in Title 22 Chapter 38 U.S. Code § 2656f as “premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents”.
In general, terrorism is classified[by whom?] as:
- The use of violence or of the threat of violence in the pursuit of political, religious, ideological or social objectives
- Acts committed by non-state actors (or by undercover personnel serving on the behalf of their respective governments)
- Acts reaching more than the immediate target victims and also directed at targets consisting of a larger spectrum of society
- Both mala prohibita (i.e., crime that is made illegal by legislation) and mala in se (i.e., crime that is inherently immoral or wrong)
- Wartime (including a declared war) or peacetime acts of violence committed by a nation state against another nation state regardless of legality or illegality and are carried out by properly uniformed forces or legal combatants of such nation states
- Reasonable acts of self-defense, such as the use of force to kill, apprehend, or punish criminals who pose a threat to the lives of humans or property
- Legitimate targets in war, such as enemy combatants and strategic infrastructure that form an integral part of the enemy’s war effort such as defense industries and ports
- Collateral damage, including the infliction of incidental damage to non-combatant targets during an attack on or attempting to attack legitimate targets in war (from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The simpler Google definition states.
ter·ror·ism/ˈterəˌrizəm/Learn to pronounce nounnoun: terrorism
- the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.”the fight against terrorism”
The amount of trading we do with Africa, a dominantly black nation, and namely South Africa is stated by the Office of the United States Trade Representative to be;
“U.S. goods and services trade with South Africa totaled an estimated $18.9 billion in 2018. Exports were $8.4 billion; imports were $10.5 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with South Africa was $2.1 billion in 2018.
South Africa is currently our 38th largest goods trading partner with $14.0 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $5.5 billion; goods imports totaled $8.5 billion.” (About)
According to Export.gov trading with South Africa has included both import and export. Our nation and all nations rely on international trading in order to sustain income to our nation. As it is the same for all nations to sustain by the manner of importing and exporting. It is every nations main income. We as Americans would like for those countries that we are fortunate enough to trade with to feel safe and comfortable within our borders.
Export.gov states, “South Africa imported $7.7 billion in agricultural and food products in FY2018, which is at the same level as in FY2017. The major products imported were rice ($437 million), wheat ($395 million), chicken cuts and offal ($389 million), palm oil ($305 million), corn ($208 million), whiskies ($181 million) and soybean meal ($173 million).
In FY2018, the United States exported $371 million of agricultural, fish and forestry products to South Africa, down marginally from the previous fiscal year. Major products exported by the United States to South Africa included, poultry meat, planting seeds, feed and fodder, distilled spirits and tree nuts. Other major products imported by South Africa from the United States included wheat, dairy products and sorghum.”
There are yearly meetings that one government has with the other to discuss such trading. It is very helpful to our nation and nation’s leaders to be able to host some of those meetings within our borders. It keeps our namesake healthy among other nations that have visited our country, having witnessed well treatment to our people, and have been also, treated well.
It is shameful for our nation to be a public announcement to other nations that we are racially hateful towards them. This is demonstrated by how hatefully someone Black was treated, how someone Hispanic was treated, how someone Irish was treated, etc., and that they were our own.
Although, racism with violence cannot be classified as terrorism. There is no way that a hate group or person is able to build an army to retaliate against ones own nation, again! There is no more North vs. South. There is the hater and/or some little group with the hater, only! They might form a gang, but they do not form an army.
Besides that, there are other nations that would be willing to retaliate any army formed out from hate. Just as they always do. Other nations rescue people abused by their own nation. So, if there are people who want to form an army, start another civil war, take over America, commit genocide upon another race, then defend that at war with a foreign nation are truly ignorant. They do not know that this is the banner that they are waving. It is a worthless cause. It should never be treated as if intelligent.
What is intelligent is that our nation’s people are standing together against racial ignorance and injustice. They are brother with brother, and sister with sister. They stand together saluting the cause of under God and human unity. They are the dominant of this nation and beacons unto the world. God Bless!